Senior Managing Director New York, JV Equity and Structured Capital
Chinmay Bhatt is Senior Managing Director and founding member of Berkadia’s JV Equity & Structured Capital in New York. He focuses on raising equity and structured capital from domestic and international qualified capital sources. Since launching in 2019, he has assisted in the capitalization of over $4.3 billion across more than 100 property transactions, which comprises of over 20,000 multifamily/build-for-rent units and student housing beds across 21 states.
Prior to joining Berkadia, Chinmay was an Investment Banker & Private Equity Investment Professional and worked in New York and Dubai. Chinmay earned his MBA at INSEAD and his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has lived & worked in the United States, Canada, France, UAE (Dubai), India and Singapore.
Education & Certifications
- B.S. Business Administration - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.B.A. - INSEAD
Recent Press & Publications
- Berkadia's Chinmay Bhatt Talks Equity Sourcing
- Zoey Multifamily Marks Entrance into Austin for Michaels Organization
- JLL, Harbor Group Int'l Provide $50M Package on LA County Resi Community
- $32M Finance Package Arranged for Hell's Kitchen Residential Property
- Toll Brothers, EJF Capital Form JV for California OZ Project
- Berkadia secures $84 million financing for Emmut Properties
Awards & Notability
- GlobeSt. - Rainmakers in Debt & Equity 2021
- Crain's New York - Notables in Real Estate