Senior Managing Director New York, JV Equity and Structured Capital
Chinmay is Senior Managing Director and founding member of Berkadia’s JV Equity & Structured Capital. Chinmay focuses his time on raising equity and structured capital from international and domestic qualified capital sources. He and the team help match Berkadia clients with the right source for real estate projects in some of the U.S.’s most dynamic markets, ranging from New York to Texas to California. He has strong connectivity to capital sources in the US, Canada, the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Working to bring partners together from different parts of the country and the world, Chinmay has an uncanny ability to capitalize complex deals in a timely manner to help his clients grow their businesses.
Chinmay and his two partners, Noam Franklin and Cody Kirkpatrick, have capitalized over $3 billion across more than 75 transactions since joining Berkadia in 2019.
Chinmay earned his MBA at INSEAD, his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is fluent in English, Gujarati and Hindi.
Education & Certifications
- B.S. Business Administration - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.B.A. - INSEAD
Recent Press & Publications
- Berkadia's Chinmay Bhatt Talks Equity Sourcing
- Zoey Multifamily Marks Entrance into Austin for Michaels Organization
- JLL, Harbor Group Int'l Provide $50M Package on LA County Resi Community
- $32M Finance Package Arranged for Hell's Kitchen Residential Property
- Toll Brothers, EJF Capital Form JV for California OZ Project
- Berkadia secures $84 million financing for Emmut Properties
Awards & Notability
- GlobeSt. - Rainmakers in Debt & Equity 2021
- Crain's New York - Notables in Real Estate