Chris Lashmet joined Berkadia in 2022 and is a Managing Director of Medical & Life Sciences.Chris focuses his efforts building relationships and advising on how to maximize the value of their properties by coming up with specific strategies and how to implement them. His comprehensive experience on both the principal and advisory side of the business provides a unique perspective to the industry.
Prior to Berkadia, Mr. Lashmet co-led the Medical Office group at Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors with his business partner Eric Lee. Together, they founded the new division at Blueprint, grew a team, and experienced significant early success in the market. They closed 20 medical office transactions valued at $170 million during their tenure at Blueprint across various deal profiles, spread throughout the country. Prior to Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors, Lashmet worked on the investment’s teams at Ventas REIT and MedProperties Group, where he focused on acquisitions and development of medical office buildings, life science and senior housing profiles.
Before Lashmet started his business career, he was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2011 where he played professional baseball for three seasons. Lashmet received his bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business from Northwestern University. He is still involved at the university as an NU For Life Purple Mentor.
Education & Certifications
- B.A. Economics, Northwestern University
Affiliations & Memberships
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Illinois
- Revista Rising Leaders Council – Inaugural Member
Industry Specialization & Skills
- Acquisitions, Development, Transactional Execution, Financial Analysis
- Healthcare Specialties: Medical Office — Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRF) — Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals (LTACH) — Acute Care Hospitals — Cancer Centers/Proton Therapy — Behavioral Health — Specialty Hospitals — Micro Hospitals — Surgical Hospitals — Free-Standing EDs/Urgent Care, Life Sciences
Awards & Notability
- Pittsburgh Pirate Player (2011-2013)