With more than 25 years of experience in technology and the financial services sector, Mr. Bashyam joined Berkadia in 2022 to serve as Chief Innovation Officer. Prior to this appointment, Mr. Bashyam served as Executive Vice President, Chief Information and Digital Officer of Columbia Bank, where he led transformation initiatives including technology strategy, digital banking, data analytics and cyber solutions. He also previously served as Managing Director and Chief Technology Officer for JP Morgan Chase’s Consumer Banking business and previously held CIO-level leadership positions with Verizon. In these roles, Mr. Bashyam was responsible for several initiatives, including technology and digital transformation, and data-driven, innovative customer-focused solutions.
Mr. Bashyam has an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangalore University, India; a Master of Science degree from Stevens Institute of Technology; and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. Mr. Bashyam also serves on the Board of Directors at Goodwill Industries of New York and Northern New Jersey.
Education & Certifications
- M.B.A., General Management - Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Master of Science, Information Systems - Stevens Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering - Bangalore University
Affiliations & Memberships
- Goodwill Industries of New York and Northern New Jersey - Board Member (2015 – Present)
- Afiniti Inc - Technology Advisory Board Member (August 2019 – October 2021)