Senior Director of Investment Sales
David Wilson, MAI serves as a Senior Director of Investment Sales based out of Berkadia's Birmingham, AL office. David Wilson's MAI credentials and 25 year background in commercial appraisal, with ten years as an apartment market analyst and apartment appraisal specialist, provides a unique qualification among brokers and enhances the credibility of the underwriting and market analysis for each deal. David's extensive experience has allowed him to cultivate long standing relationships with numerous apartment developers, apartment owners, property managers, lenders, and municipal authorities. David is also a multifamily land specialist and is well known throughout Alabama for his knowledge of markets, financial feasibility, new construction product and pipelines.
David served on the board of the Apartment Association of North Alabama for twelve consecutive years. David also served as a board member for the Alabama Apartment Association, the Alabama Chapter of the Appraisal Institute and the Young Business Leaders men's ministry organization for multiple years.
David grew up in Dallas, Texas and graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1986 where he majored in real estate and insurance. David now lives in Huntsville, Alabama with his wife Beth of 28 years and his two children.
Education & Certifications
- 1986 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from University of Southern Mississippi
Affiliations & Memberships
- Member, Appraisal Institute, #10,305
- State Certified General Real Property Appraiser - Alabama
- Apartment Association of North Alabama (Board of Directors 1998 through 2011)
- Alabama Apartment Association (Board of Directors 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010)
- Leadership Council, Alabama Center for Real Estate (2005 to present)
- Appraisal Institute, Alabama Chapter Regional Representative (1998)
- Appraisal Institute, Alabama Chapter Candidate Guidance Chair (1998)
- Appraisal Institute, Alabama Chapter Board Member