Eric Lee joined Berkadia in 2022 and is a Managing Director for Medical & Life Sciences. He focuses on providing comprehensive real estate and capital markets solutions for his clients within the various specialties of healthcare real estate including medical office buildings, life sciences, hospitals, surgery centers, post-acute care and behavioral health facilities.
Prior to joining Berkadia, Mr. Lee co-led the Medical Office group at Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors with his business partner Chris Lashmet. Together, they founded the new division at Blueprint, grew a team, and experienced significant early success in the market. They closed 20 medical office transactions valued at $170 million during their tenure at Blueprint across various deal profiles, spread throughout the country. Prior to Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors, Lee worked on the investments team at Ventas, where he underwrote over $15 billion and closed more than $1 billion of healthcare real estate transactions. Lee’s transaction experience includes medical office buildings, senior housing communities and life sciences buildings. Lee also has experience in ground-up development transactions and redevelopment projects within all three asset classes. Lee also managed a 50-property MOB portfolio and co-led the dispositions process for Ventas.
Lee received his bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting from the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota and is currently pursuing an MBA at Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management.
Education & Certifications
- B.S. Accounting, Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota
- B.S. Finance, Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Illinois
Affiliations & Memberships
- Kellogg Real Estate Club
- Kellogg Private Equity Club
- American Needs You Mentor
- Habitat For Humanity Volunteer
- Greater Chicago Food Depository Volunteer
Industry Specialization & Skills
- Deal structuring, health system portfolio strategy, joint ventures and partnerships, development
- Healthcare Specialties: Medical Office, Life Sciences, Behavioral Health, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Seniors Housing