Multifamily Mortgage Loan Originator & Broker – GSE / HUD / Lifeco / CMBS / 3rd Party
Ian is a commercial multifamily mortgage banker with Berkadia Commercial Mortgage, LLC based out of Seattle, WA. He focuses on the origination and brokerage of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, HUD, Lifeco, CMBS, Debt Fund, and Bank loans collateralized by multifamily assets.
Ian’s primary business is the origination and underwriting of GSE Agency (Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae) multifamily mortgages. During his time at Berkadia, Ian’s team has underwritten, negotiated, and closed over $1B in Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae mortgage volume on behalf of their clients. He is specifically skilled in underwriting, structuring, and originating (a) Conventional (b) Affordable (c) Student Housing (d) Lease Up and (e) Small Balance [<$6.0-7.5M] loans in the GSE Agency multifamily space.
In addition to his primary business as a GSE Agency originator – Ian also originates HUD & Life Company loans, and works as a fee broker for various 3rd party capital sources (CMBS, Bank, Debt Fund, Regional Bank) across a variety of asset classes (Self Storage, Industrial, Retail, Etc).
Berkadia is a direct Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer, direct Fannie Mae DUS Lender, direct HUD/FHA lender, and one of the largest Life Company Correspondent Lenders nationwide. Berkadia is the largest servicer of multifamily mortgages in the United States of America.
Education & Certifications
- B.A. Economics, University of Colorado at Boulder
Affiliations & Memberships
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Urban Land Institute
Industry Specialization & Skills
- GSE Agency Multifamily Loans: Freddie Mac Conventional, Fannie Mae Conventional, Freddie Mac Small Balance Loans (SBL), Fannie Mae Small Loans
- HUD/FHA 223(f) Multifamily Loans: Refi / Acquisition, 221(d)(4) - Construction to Perm
- Life Company Correspondent Multifamily Loans
- Brokered 3rd Part (CMBS/Debt Fund/Bank) Multifamily Loans