Director of Mortgage Banking
Ian Stuart is a commercial mortgage banker and loan originator with Berkadia Seattle Mortgage Banking. He provides debt and equity financing for multifamily apartment buildings located throughout the Western U.S., and specializes in Freddie Mac Optigo, Fannie Mae DUS, HUD/FHA, and life company correspondent lending. He also brokers commercial multifamily mortgages to debt funds, conduits/CMBS, banks, credit unions, and private capital sources.
Mr. Stuart started his commercial real estate career as a Berkadia intern in 2014 prior to moving to Marcus & Millichap. Ian returned to Berkadia in 2016 and since then has been personally involved in over $1.6 billion in multifamily debt transactions.
Mr. Stuart is a member of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) and Urban Land Institute (ULA). He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from The University of Colorado at Boulder, and resides in Bothell, Washington.
Education & Certifications
- B.A. Economics, University of Colorado at Boulder
Affiliations & Memberships
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Urban Land Institute
Industry Specialization & Skills
- GSE Agency Multifamily Loans: Freddie Mac Conventional, Fannie Mae Conventional, Freddie Mac Small Balance Loans (SBL), Fannie Mae Small Loans
- HUD/FHA 223(f) Multifamily Loans: Refi / Acquisition, 221(d)(4) - Construction to Perm
- Life Company Correspondent Multifamily Loans
- Brokered 3rd Party Multifamily Loans (CMBS, Debt Fund, Bank, Credit Union)