Managing Director of Mortgage Banking
John Richards has over 30 years of commercial real estate experience and is a Managing Director of Berkadia’s Hampton Roads Office. Prior to that he ran the Debt & Structured Finance group for CBRE of Virginia.
He’s an expert in arranging senior debt, mezzanine debt and joint venture equity for a wide variety of income producing properties including multi-family apartment, commercial office, retail, industrial and other properties. He began his career in the Washington DC area at Bank of America predecessor, Sovran Bank, with responsibilities ranging from loan origination to the management, work out and restructure of the Bank’s troubled asset portfolio.
Education & Certifications
- B.A. Economics, Randolph-Macon
Affiliations & Memberships
- Hampton Roads Association of Commercial Real Estate
- ODU E.V. Williams Center for R/E and Economic Development
- MBA - Mortgage Action Alliance Member
- Urban Land Institute
- Tidewater Community College Educational Foundation