Matthew is Associate Director and key member of Berkadia’s JV Equity & Structured Capital. Matthew focuses his time on raising equity and structured capital, including preferred equity, mezz debt, stretched senior debt, etc. from international and domestic qualified capital sources. He and the team help match Berkadia clients with the right source for real estate projects in some of the U.S.’s most dynamic markets, ranging from East Coast to West Coast. He has strong connectivity to capital sources in the US, Europe and Asia. Working to bring partners together from different parts of the country and the world, Matthew has an uncanny ability to capitalize complex deals in a timely manner to help his clients grow their businesses.
Matthew was born and raised in China, and is native in Mandarin and fluent in English. Matthew has a deep understanding of the Asian cultures and is specialized in helping Asian clients and capital groups expand their businesses in the US.
Matthew is also a CFA Charter Holder.
Education & Certifications
- M.S., Bentley University - McCallum Graduate School of Business
- B.S., East China University of Science and Technology
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Affiliations & Memberships
- CFA Institute
Industry Specialization & Skills
- JV Equity
- Structured Capital - Senior Equity, Preferred Equity, Mezz Debt, Stretched Senior Debt, etc.
- Platform Level/Programmatic Equity
- Asian Relationship Management