Mitch Sinberg serves as Senior Managing Director for Berkadia Florida’s mortgage banking team. Based in Boca Raton, Mitch provides strategic vision and leadership to a team of seasoned investment sales and commercial finance professionals across the state of Florida, one of the firm’s top-producing regions. Since joining in 2013, Mitch has increased the annual volume of Berkadia’s Florida region from approximately $200 million to more than $6 billion in 2021, consistently ranking Berkadia as one of the largest commercial and multifamily lenders in the state. Additionally, Mitch has helped the firm expand its investment sales presence in Florida, where in 2021, Berkadia advised on the sale of more than $3 billion in assets. Mitch is consistently part of Berkadia's "CEO Circle," which represents the top producers and leaders within the firm.
Prior to joining Berkadia, Mitch opened and served as co-manager of Beech Street Capital’s Florida offices, where he established a presence for the firm in Florida and obtained their local Freddie Mac Seller-Servicer license. The partners of Beech Street Capital sold the firm to Capital One in 2013.
Mitch graduated Cum Laude from the University of Florida while dual majoring in Finance and International Economics in 2001. He earned his Master of Business Administration from the University of Florida in 2006. He has been an occasional adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University teaching real estate finance and investment in the school’s Master of Science in Real Estate Development program. Other achievements include being named one of South Florida’s 40 under 40 by the South Florida Business Journal in 2017.
Mitch, his wife and two children reside in Palm Beach County. In his spare time, he enjoys coaching his son’s baseball team, playing golf, and spending time on the water.
Education & Certifications
- B.B.A., University of Florida
- M.B.A. Finance and International Economics, University of Florida
Affiliations & Memberships
- University of Florida Friends and Alumni of Real Estate
- University of Florida Alumni Association
Industry Specialization & Skills
- Structured Finance
Recent Press & Publications
- Strong Fundamentals Boost South Florida Apartment Market
- Berkadia Secures $108.7M Loan for 800-unit Community in California
- National Multifamily Portfolio Lands $323M Freddie Mac Refi
- Builders Bringing Thousands of Apartments to Market in South Florida
- Mast Capital, Rockpoint Score $70M Loan for Key West Apartments
- Millenia Area Apartments Trade for $23M
- Berkadia Arranges $75.8M in Financing for Five Apartment Communities
Awards & Notability
- 2017 South Florida Business Journal - 40 Under 40