Associate & Lead Analyst of the South Florida Multifamily & Land Investment Advisory Team
Omar Morales is responsible for sourcing, underwriting, marketing, and transacting multifamily and land investment opportunities throughout South Florida. Having closed over $1 billion in transactions, Omar works as an advisor that looks to understand and execute on client-specific investment strategies by identifying investment opportunities.
Prior to joining Berkadia, Omar started his career at a value-oriented hedge fund that invested in public securities across the world, many of them REITs trading below net asset value. He then transitioned into a real estate private equity firm that purchased value-add multifamily properties throughout the Southeastern United States. Most recently, Omar was a Senior Investment Analyst at Walker & Dunlop where he sold multifamily and land investment opportunities throughout South Florida.
Education & Certifications
- Florida International University, BA (Finance & Economics)
Affiliations & Memberships
- Urban Land Institute – Young Leaders Group
Recent Press & Publications
- Iconiq buys Related and Block Capital’s Wynwood apartments for $77MThe Real Deal
- Cottonwood Residential buys LUMA West Palm apartments for $67mThe Real Deal
- Mill Creek Residential buys Broward apartments for $37mSouth Florida Business Journal